Rights and Responsibilities=Edit
Additionally, many members have taken to writing the following on the back of the card:
The Rights of =POPE= include, but are not limited to:
- To invoke infallibility at any time, including retroactively.
- To completely rework the Erisian Church
- To baptise, bury and marry (with the permission of the deceased in the latter two cases).
- To excommunicate, deexcommunicate, reexcommunicate and dereexcommunicate (no backsies!) both his-/her-/it-/them-/your-/our-/His-/Her-/It-/Them-/Your-/Our-self/selves and others (if any).
- To perform all rites and functions deemed inappropriate for a Pope of Discordia.
Popes are entitled to choose appropriate headgear as is suitable for the office, though are entirely optional as decreed by his holiness Saint George Carlin.
The original pope card can be downloaded here.
These cards have appeared in numerous designs over the years. And in 2008 the mountain dwelling Discordian St.Mytr created the "God cards" and collected all designs for free download in an erisian deck of cards.
Discordia Merchandising/Discordia Culture Shop retails POPE Cards on specialty cardstocks in limited runs, and sold in stacks for handing out to new recruits. When not sold out they are available online here: http://discordiacultureshop.storenvy.com/