The OMGASM is an attempt to network with Discordians and other cool people so that they can share resources between cabals.
OM stands for Operation Mindfuck. It is an ongoing Discordian project to challenge existing assumptions and provoke critical and creative thought.
GASM stands for Golden Apple Seed Mission. It's a Discordian meme which indicates a project needs assistance.
When you combine the two, you'll have an OMGASM - a way of networking activitist power so that everyone can accomplish their goals.
OMGASM Headquarters is located at http://blackironprison.com/index.php?title=OMGASM
a lot of OMGASM development goes down at http://principiadiscordia.com/forum - register to get access to the GASM Commmand subforum.
Explain this one more time, nmkay? Edit
There are all sorts of projects which Discordians like to do. Stuff like pranks, games, jakes, et cetera. Many projects would be better if there were more people participating. For example, when the Golden Apple Corps inducted Stephen Colbert into the Bavarian Illuminati, they couldn't have done it without dozens of people all sending letters to him at once.
But the Discordian society is disorganized. We don't have any leaders to say "Now it's time to write letters!" Our various cabals aren't networked. This has its benefits, but it also limits our ability to complete larger projects.
So OMGASM is a way that any individual, or any cabal, can get help for bigger projects. By connecting your project to OMGASM, or by making it clear that your project is a Golden Apple Seed Mission (or "GASM"), other Discordians will help you out (if they choose to).
Intermittens is a great example of OMGASM. Individually, few of us have the skills to produce an entire magazine on our own. But if a bunch of us get together, we'll have a few articles, a few pieces of art, some layout and design skills, and an idea engine which refines the magazine until it works. When Professor Cramulus kicked off Intermittens, he published the first issue in only 4 hours. Other Discordians rallied around it and improved it, creating new layout, proofreading parts, and giving feedback. In a few weeks, issue #1 had been refined into something a bit better.
Here are some GASMS Edit
- Litgasm - the misson to tag all Discordian works on the net
- GASMGASM - The project to inform others about the word GASM and encourage them to help out with each other's projects.
- POSTERGASM - The project to put posters, flyers, and meme bombs in public places.
- Colbertgasm - The project to recruit Mr. Colbert and Mr. Stewart to the secret societies that they would best benefit...
- EggGASM - also known as the Erister Egg Hunt. Put one line meme bombs, quotes from the Principia, and other surreal stuff in plastic eggs and hide them on Easter.
- TwitterGASM - A part of GASMGASM involving the collection and organization of discordians and GASM participants on twitter, and the creation of GASMs and OMs organized on and/or for twitter.